Monday, April 1, 2013

Pretty Confident

My angel seeing what all the Easter Bunny left for him last Sunday

     Happy April Fool's Day! I hope you each had a very blessed Easter! We had a blast, we always do having such an active, excitable little boy, but it is time to get back to business. I have been very successful thus far in my attempt to dwell in the 'real world' but I feel grossly under-informed. I actually had to turn on the news to catch up on at least the major current events. *Sigh* I have discovered a few extra hours in my day though. I have started Spring cleaning with my new found time, getting into all of our house's dirty nook and crannies (that sounds wrong...).

     Now I just have to get my eating back under control. I do not know if it is my hypothyroidism (my endocrinologist says it is balanced now) or just the loss of my old will power, which was quite impressive once upon a time, but I can hardly keep my appetite in check anymore. I think love and motherhood have made me soft... literally and figuratively. But my continued failures will not stop me from try-try-trying again! If my son gets nothing else from me, he will learn the spirit of diligence and persistence. To see if my thyroid is really in fact back in its proper range, I am going to try an unhealthy experiment that I would not normally do. When I was recovering from the weight loaded on by my brain tumor, I spent a few months eating nothing but a regular salad with low-calorie dressing for lunch and a salad plate of whatever was for dinner early in the evening. I starved half of the time, at least for a while, but I managed to drop thirty pounds in less than three months. If my thyroid is still the little b*tch it has become in the last year, it will make no difference and my weight may even go up. However, if it is in fact as the good doctor says, I will get to a healthier weight and can focus on dropping more in a healthier way. I will keep you posted, since I started it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment